Print multiple emails to one file

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 16:14:54 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 11:03 AM, Alex <mysqlstudent at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know of a program that can manipulate mbox files? I'd like
> to print about 50 emails to a single file so I can email them as a PDF
> to someone.
>
> Thunderbird will let you highlight and print multiple emails, but they
> all either overwrite each other or save to an individual file with all
> the headers, not just the ones that are suitable for display.

I don't know how to get them out of Thunderbird any better, but if you
can get them dumped into individual PDFs and named appropriately to
control the order they will be combined in then I would try pdftk[1].
It's available in the standard fedora repo (yum install pdftk).

Richard

[1] http://www.pdflabs.com/tools/pdftk-the-pdf-toolkit/