Cannot rebuild from src.rpm

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 9 13:27:20 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-08 at 22:19 +0100, Paul Smith wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am trying to rebuild a rpm from its src.rpm, but getting the following error:
>
> $ rpmbuild --clean --rebuild myp-devel-0.14-0.src.rpm
> Installing myp-devel-0.14-0.src.rpm
> warning: user stewart does not exist - using root
> warning: group stewart does not exist - using root
> warning: user stewart does not exist - using root
> warning: group stewart does not exist - using root
> error: File /home/paulus/rpm/SOURCES # Where the tarballs and patches
> go./myp-devel-%{PACKAGE_VERSION}-%{PACKAGE_RELEASE}.tar.gz: No such
> file or directory
> $
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Paul
I don't understand the advice from others. If you look at man rpmbuild
you will see it is applies to spec files or tarfiles In your caswwe
before you apply rpmbuild you would have to turn you src rpm into a spec
file by executing: rpm -i myp-devel-0.14-0.src.rpm

The thrill is here, but it won't last long You'd better have your fun
before it moves along...
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net