somewhat OT: sudo question

Sam Sharpe lists.redhat at samsharpe.net
Thu Sep 9 21:37:33 UTC 2010

On 9 September 2010 22:18, JD <jd1008 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 09/09/2010 12:12 PM, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
>>> Append a line like the following to /etc/sudoers
>>>
>>> ranjan      ALL=(ALL)       NOPASSWD: ALL
>> Sorry, maybe I was not clear. I wanted to have the ability to use sudo
>> without password for the above two commands, but use sudo with password
>> (required) for everything else.

> Once you do as I described, you will not need password
> for any sudo command.

You are not understanding the Question.

Ranjan does not want to compromise the security of his system by
having root access
to any command without entering a password (which is as bad as logging
in directly as root),
he simply wants to be able to hibernate his machine without a password
but to be prompted
for a password for all other actions.

--
Sam