/etc/init.d/mysqld not installed on F12 machine

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Sun Sep 12 20:17:47 UTC 2010

>I don't seem to be having any luck with Fedora and MySQL on multiple machines at the moment.
>
>MySQL does not seem to be installed on my F12 machine.
>
>I have done a :-
>
>   yum install mysql
>
>but /etc/init.d/mysqld and friends are not installed.
>
>Is there a separate package that installs them ?

# yum info mysql
Summary     : MySQL client programs and shared libraries

# yum whatprovides /etc/init.d/mysqld
mysql-server-5.1.48-2.fc13.x86_64 : The MySQL server and related files
Repo        : installed
Matched from:
Other       : Provides-match: /etc/init.d/mysqld

# yum list \*mysqld\*

Hopefully that sheds light on a few areas of need...
jlc