Anyone use elgg out there?

Paul F. Johnson paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Wed Sep 15 16:53:20 UTC 2010

Hi,

I seem to have hit a problem installing elgg...

I've installed elgg in /web/elgg with the data directory in /web/data.
I've adjusted my httpd.conf file so it reads like this

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
    DocumentRoot /web/elgg
    ServerName elgg-test
    ErrorLog logs/elgg-error_log
    CustomLog logs/elgg-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

I've set up dyndns to point to http://elgg-test.dyndns.info which seems
happy - it comes up with the install dialogue.

I've entered all of the details and hit save and get the following "The
requested URL /action/systemsettings/install was not found on this
server." which looks to be a mod_rewrite issue.

To try and resolve the issue, I've chmod the /web/elgg directory to 777
and let elgg write the .htaccess file - but still get the same error.

Any ideas on why this is not working?

TTFN

Paul
--
Vertraue mir, ich weiss, was ich mache...