New install

Rod McCown rodmccown at aircanopy.net
Sat Sep 18 00:24:32 UTC 2010

Hello all,
	I just finished with a RedHat class and am trying to run the "Fedora
13 desktop" on the only thing that I have left in my office that I can get
512 MB of RAM on. The disk will boot my laptop, but unfortunately it is a
company laptop and I cannot put anything else on it. But I know that the CD
works. I just tried on a AMD K6-2 500Mhz machine and it says this is the
wrong architecture. It says:

This kernel requires the following features not present on the CPU: cmov
Unable to boot.    Please use a kernel appropriate for your CPU.

Is this CPU just too old for the version I'm using?

Thanks.

Rod McCown ><>
UNIX Senior Systems Admin.
Fishermen Chapter
Christian Motorcyclist Association
817-395-3029
rodmccown at aircanopy.net

"UNIX is user friendly, it just picks it's own friends."