FC12 forcing hard reboot

Robert Myers rbmyersusa at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 23:13:14 UTC 2010

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 6:55 PM, Andras Simon <szajmi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/11/10, Frank Elsner <Frank.Elsner at tu-berlin.de> wrote:

>>> Same here. Absolutely no reason just locks up.
>>> Yesterday was three times. We shall see what today brings.
>>
>> Maybe you both should continue upgrading to FC13?
>> Or any reasons for FC12?
>
> I've had this happening since I installed F13. Of course it might be
> the consequence of a different problem.

Is it the box or the display interface that locks up?  I had a recent
fc13 freeze (on which I tentatively blame firefox) that wouldn't allow
me to get to the text console screens (ctrl-alt-f2, etc.), but would
allow me to ssh into the box.

Robert.

--
"Such a man cannot be a spy.  He polishes his shoes."--Sam Neill
portraying Sidney Reilly in "Reilly, Ace of Spies."