problems with gigabit speeds on dual network card

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Sun Sep 19 15:26:50 UTC 2010

On 09/19/2010 01:34 AM, David Timms wrote:

> Does all your cables have 2 pairs of wires or 4 pairs of wires, and are
> they properly pinned out ?

  The cat 5e's were punched by my networking electrician and checked
with a (fairly expensive) network tester. The cat 6's were purchased
(550 Mhz) premade cables ... they all have 4 pairs ..

   I've havent seen 2 pairs of wires .. mmm at least since pre cat 3
days ... :-)

  Agreed dodgy cables can be an issue ... for good measure I had flipped
a few cables ... same result.

 Thanks