serial8250: too much work for irq 19

JB jb.1234abcd at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 19:47:07 UTC 2010

Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 2:15 PM, JB <jb.1234abcd <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> > Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > Hi,
> > I understand you do not have access to that computer, right ?
> > Normally, we would need some outputs of technical data.
> >
> > Anyway, can you make sure that in menu system-administration-services
> > the service irqbalance is enabled on level 2,3,4,5 (Customize) and started ?
> > Then reboot your computer.
>
> No I don't have easy access but he is just across town. It was a fresh
> install of F13 right off the DVD. If irqbalance is enabled by default
> then it should be on, right?
>
> Richard

Yes, under normal circumstances.
But you indicated that the booting process was erratic and it is quite possible
that not all services have been started.
There could be some hardware recognition problem initially as well.

Btw, because you introduced your Dad to Linux, it would be good to make him
stay with it, and that means to clean up any config problems there may be.
Perhaps you should take care of it personally, get back to this list from
there, and we would help you debug it (then you could give us some important
system outputs) ?

JB