Bugzilla email problem due to SELinux

Peter J. Stieber developer at toyon.com
Mon Sep 20 16:26:27 UTC 2010

I just setup bugzilla on a Fedora 13 box.  I'm not getting email from
the bug reports I enter.  I'm seeing the following in the message log...

Sep 20 09:06:56 marge setroubleshoot: SELinux is preventing
/usr/sbin/sendmail.sendmail access to a leaked fifo_file file
descriptor. For complete SELinux messages. run sealert -l
daf5b343-5cdd-45b5-8b1c-51ea47ec1dc7

Here's what the sealert says...

SELinux is preventing /usr/sbin/sendmail.sendmail access to a leaked
fifo_file
file descriptor.

Detailed Description:

[sendmail has a permissive type (system_mail_t). This access was not
denied.]

SELinux denied access requested by the sendmail command. It looks like
this is either a leaked descriptor or sendmail output was redirected to
a file it is not allowed to access. Leaks usually can be ignored since
SELinux is just closing the leak and reporting the error. The
application does not use the descriptor, so it will run properly. If
this is a redirection, you will not get output in the fifo_file. You
should generate a bugzilla on selinux-policy, and it will get routed to
the appropriate package. You can safely ignore this avc.

I have a different machine with bugzilla setup and selinux running that
works, but I can't figure out the difference.  Can someone point me in
the right direction or let me know what other information I need to post
to get help?

Also, why does the SE alert message on a Fedora 13 box point to a fc5
version of the FAQ?  It does get redirected to a more up-to-date FAQ.

Allowing Access:

You can generate a local policy module to allow this access - see FAQ
(http://docs.fedoraproject.org/selinux-faq-fc5/#id2961385)

TIA,
Pete