Rhythmbox doesn't quite share

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Sep 20 16:35:08 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-09-20 at 08:08 -0500, Steven Stern wrote:
> On 09/19/2010 10:10 PM, Craig White wrote:

> >> Foo!  That means there's something odd about my setup that will either
> >> never be solved or be so obvious I'll feel stupid reporting the solution.
> > ----
> > Use mt-daapd to share the music
> >
> > Craig
> >

> It appears that Apple has broken things:
>
> http://blog.fosketts.net/2010/09/09/itunes-10-breaks-nonapple-streaming/
>
> It looks like Rhythmbox will need up update its plugin and mt-daap will
> need an update, too.
----
stop using Apple iTunes and the problem is solved or in my case, I don't
update it just because Apple comes out with an update. You probably
could use songbird or mediamonkey or something else. I won't buy any
more iPod's anyway.

I don't necessarily agree with Foskett's perspective... if you buy Apple
products you continually get screwed.

Craig

believed to be clean.