Unrecognized option 'vfilters' in ffmpeg

dexter dex.mbox at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 22:53:04 UTC 2010

On 20 September 2010 19:33, Adel ESSAFI <adelessafi gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi list
> Is there any package that includes vfilter option for ffmpeg

After a brief google session and ffmpeg docs,
No it's not been merged yet and currently lives in this svn tree:
svn://svn.ffmpeg.org/soc/libavfilter
see README & checkout.sh files, you have to patch,configure and build
ffmpeg yourself.

This thread has some examples from the GSoC student using the new techniques:
http://www.mail-archive.com/ffmpeg-soc@mplayerhq.hu/msg07777.html

> I have find no documentation on vfilter in fedora 12  and  vhook option was
> deleted from ffmpeg.
>
> I am not able add my watermarks in my videos now.
>
> Help please

Alternatively this page goes into what you want using mencoder:
http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/overlay-images-video-using-mplayer-and-mencoder

You may well get better answers from ffmpeg-users list as I haven't
had time to try any of this yet :-)

...dex