Celestia Space Simulator

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 05:13:07 UTC 2010

On 09/21/2010 07:00 PM, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
>   On 09/21/2010 06:22 PM, Michael Miles wrote:
>> Nvidia 9400 Gt
> Since Celestia is graphics intensive, you might
> want to check this out.  I've read there were
> some problems associated with Nvidia drivers...
> (being proprietary)  but I could be wrong.  I
> personally had problems with Nvidia way back
> then and it was really bad - I since stopped
> buying mobos with Nvidia, but that is just my
> experience which probably does not amount to
> a hill of beans ;)
>
> I have an ASUS P5GC-MX/1333:
>> Intel Corporation 82945G/GZ (Graphics)
> Try Stellarium or other graphics intensive
> apps and see if they crash or not?
>
> I doubt that SELinux is the issue...

I tried stellarium. Its not as bad a cpu hog as celestia.
I also edited ~/.stellarium/config.ini
and set Location to San Diego, USA  and it belched:
Warning: location "San Diego, USA" is unknown

Got the same warning using  San Diego, California, USA

So, it seems I cannot see the view from San Diego.