Celestia Space Simulator

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Sep 22 08:51:55 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-09-21 at 11:47 -0700, JD wrote:
> I installed it from fedora instead of sourceforge
> and it runs - but it is taking 99.9% of cpu.
> I am unable to do anything.
> What a monster this app is :)

Yes, they are.  I haven't tried either out for a long time, but I
remember Celestia as causing even more of a grind to a halt than
Stellarium did.  Both needed accelerated graphics to work, which means a
graphics card with good drivers.

They have a lot of data to compute, but you can ease the load, by not
having everyone on screen at the same time (atmosphere, constellation
texts, etc.).

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686