kernel update breaks virtualbox

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 22 21:18:06 UTC 2010

Michael Cronenworth <mike at cchtml.com> wrote:
>Sent: Sep 22, 2010 2:03 PM
>To: users at lists.fedoraproject.org
>Subject: Re: kernel update breaks virtualbox
>
>James Mckenzie wrote:
>> However, a kernel update should not necessarily break its functionality.  This update did with obvious results.
>
>Fedora is not responsible for out-of-distribution software.

I agree here.  Fedora should not be responsible for software provided by RPMFusion, Oracle or anyone else.

>> I don't think that RPMFusion provides this, but I've not been able to get to the 'pay' side of the site.
>
>VirtualBox-OSE and the kmod packages the OP had installed are provided
>by RPMFusion.
>
>There is no "pay" side of RPMFusion.

Interesting.  I was there looking for ATI video drivers and I thought or remember there was.  No matter, if the package is supplied by them, they are responsible for making it work, not the Fedora project.

Enough said about that.  I'll visit RPMFusion site this evening.

James McKenzie