btrfs for Fedora 12 and 13 LiveCD/DVD ?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Sep 23 13:11:23 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 12:06:19 +0000,
  Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 20:26:13 +0200, Valent Turkovic wrote:
>
> > is this an easy patch so we can expect it really soon or is it harder
> > and takes more time? When do you expect that we we will have btrfs ready
> > live DVD/CD.
>
> Any update for btrfs support?
>
> Is it now possible to create Fedora Respin/Remix with BTRFS support?

I don't remember pulling in a patch for that. So the answer is probably
no.

Are you talking about installing on a brtfs USB partition? If so syslinux
needs to support that as a prerequisite. I doubt that it does, but haven't
verified that. If you are talking about the file system embedded in the
the squashfs image, there is little point to that. If I was to work on
that aspect, I'd work on making things just use squashfs natively as there
is now xattr support on squashfs. (And I belive ways to have device nodes.)