error with package installation and updating

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Thu Sep 23 23:18:27 UTC 2010

On 09/23/2010 06:55 PM, Vivek Tiwari wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was doing "yum"ing to update some packages and install a few ones. But
> for some reason i keep on getting the same message everytime:
> ******************************
> ************
> http://spot.fedorapeople.org/repos/spot/chromium/repodata/repomd.xml:
> [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
> Trying other mirror.
> Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
> chromium. Please verify its path and try again
>
> I dont know whether fedora has stopped supporting F 11 or not but the
> link does show packages only for versions >11
> (http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/spot/chromium/)

Fedora 11 has reached end-of-life.  You can still find most Fedora 11
repos, but those you can find are not receiving updates (except for
city-fan.org, which is still producing some F11 packages for those of us
who use it and haven't yet upgraded to a more recent version of Fedora.
 Thanks Paul!)

> Anybody knows how to fix this bug ?

Tom has stopped updating his chromium repo and probably removed the
repomd.xml for it, so you are best off just disabling his chromium repo
until such time as you update your version of Fedora to a supported one.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net