Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Fri Sep 24 00:56:55 UTC 2010

Please read the message below more carefully....

On 09/23/2010 08:08 PM, JD wrote:
>   I continue to get email bounced back with:
>
> This is the mail system at host lists.fedoraproject.org.
>
> I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
> be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

To one or more recipients.  That means that one or more of the
subscribers to this list have delivery problems.  Clearly, the problem
is not with your email getting to the list.  It is with some subscribers
to the list, which the list admins can only un-subscribe or disable
delivery to.  They cannot fix the problem.  The problem can only be
fixed by the subscribers themselves who caused the problem.  However,
they are probably not receiving any emails from this list because of the
problem.

Two possibilities come to my mind immediately:

1)  They did this deliberately, possibly because they have become
frustrated and cannot figure out how to unsubscribe themselves.

2)  They did something stupid, and now will never know about it until
they investigate whay the list suddenly became very quiet for them.

> For further assistance, please send mail to<postmaster>

> delete your own text from the attached returned message.
>
>                     The mail system
>
> <users at lists.fedoraproject.org>: mail forwarding loop for
>      users at lists.fedoraproject.org
>

> So far, all my posts have returned with this delivery failure.

So have mine, but they were also delivered successfully to the rest of
the list!

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com