Firewall - OUTPUT rule

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Fri Sep 24 03:58:52 UTC 2010

On 09/23/2010 11:41 PM, JD wrote:
> I have this input rule:
> -A INPUT -m state --state NEW -m tcp  -p tcp  --dport 631 -s
> 192.168.0.0/24 -j ACCEPT
> -A INPUT -m state --state NEW -m udp -p udp --dport 631 -s
> 192.168.0.0/24 -j ACCEPT

I have an F13 system which was installed recently and has the following
rules (amongst others):

-A INPUT -m state --state NEW -m udp -p udp --dport 631 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -m state --state NEW -m tcp -p tcp --dport 631 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -m state --state NEW -m udp -p udp --dport 631 -j ACCEPT

This system of mine does *not* have a working printer on it, so it would
not be an exact match for your server's rules, but I did try and install
a couple of printers on it at one point.....

(Sorry, I'm not running iptables on my other Linux systems.)

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net