System time running fast

Tanmoy Chatterjee bum.jee at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 14:00:59 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 9:35 AM, Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday 23 September 2010 06:15 PM, Brian Wood wrote:
> >   It continually reports the
> > time incorrectly and gets further off(fast) as time goes by.
>
> Are you dual booting with Windows? If yes that might be the reason.
I have recently installed Fedora 13 by shrinking my ubuntu partition.
On the start due to some error( on my part) grub only choosing fedora
to boot the system. After the correction on grub config I can now dual
boot Fedora 13 and Ubuntu 9.04 - since then the time shown on Fedora
Desktop is always incorrect. It's started happening only after the
dual boot option is available to me. Solution required - thanks in
advance.