Openoffice converting to The Word Format.

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sat Sep 25 04:15:14 UTC 2010

Jim wrote:
>    Will OpenOffice convert Doc files to be read by Windows 7 or Microsoft
> Office 2010, I know that they can be read by Microsoft Office 2007.

Not clear if you mean import or export, but generally yes. You can manage to use
some feature which doesn't export cleanly, but in general it works well.

When I was writing for Sysadmin and other magazines regularly I got no
complaints, and I assume that the non-computer ones are using Word. There are
several variants, I used Word97 for stuff.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>