Unable to blank DVD+R R/W

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 25 14:08:34 UTC 2010

FYI,

--- On Sat, 9/25/10, Frank Murphy <frankly3d at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Frank Murphy <frankly3d at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Unable to blank DVD+R R/W
> To: users at lists.fedoraproject.org
> Date: Saturday, September 25, 2010, 1:19 AM
> On 25/09/10 09:11, Zoltan Hoppar
> wrote:
> > There is an holy dependency bug witch is integrated
> into Fedora from
> > ages. Let me explain:
> >
> > There are two programs what you could use to write
> CD's, DVD's - one is
> > the deprecated: and well hated bogus wodim (what is an
> debian zombie
> > fork of an old-timer cdrtools),
>
> Give it a rest cdrtools is *not* using Fedora compatile
> licenceing.
> End of stroy.
> Ask the author of said program to relicence.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Frank Murphy
> UTF_8 Encoded
> Friend of Fedora
> --

You can take the time to read the following if you'd like:

http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/linux-dist.html

Also, like others have mentioned you may also use growisofs, it works too.  I happily use cdrecord from cdrtools, the original.  I like Coke, the original.  You can drink Pepsi too, but there is nothing like the original.

Licensing is a sorry explanation or excuse for not using the original.  The other guys, like FreeBSD, Solaris/OpenSolaris, do use GPL programs with their CDDL licenses and FreeBSD Licenses and there are no problems.  No one has sued that I know of.  Except of course, Oracle and Google :)

Regards,

Antonio