Enabling Airport wireless on Macbook Air with F12

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 25 18:37:03 UTC 2010

  On 9/24/10 7:24 AM, Colin Paul Adams wrote:
>      Peter>  Quoth Colin Paul Adams on Pungenday, the 56th of The
>      Peter>  Aftermath:
>      >>>  Maybe this will work with your second generation air.
>
>      Peter>  Colin, you're a genius!
>
>      Colin>  Possibly, but if so, I haven't shown it on this thread :-)
>      Colin>  just blundered around in the dark, then encountered helpful
>      Colin>  people here, such as you.
>
> After nearly a year, it's stopped working. It was working fine at the
> beginning of this week. I tried booting off of one of the two previous
> kernels (I'm still on fc12), but not much difference.
The new kernels broke many things.

Can you still boot back to MacOSX on the Air?  If so, it may be possible
to get the older files and then put them on local media (CD/DVD/Thumb
Drive) and then setup a local repo to grab them from after booting back
to FC12.

I'm not that familiar with doing so, but others here may be able to
assist in directing where on the system you can find them or on the
Internet, since I appears you do have access somehow.

James McKenzie