Enabling Airport wireless on Macbook Air with F12

Colin Paul Adams colin at colina.demon.co.uk
Sat Sep 25 19:01:52 UTC 2010

    >> After nearly a year, it's stopped working. It was working fine at
    >> the beginning of this week. I tried booting off of one of the two
    >> previous kernels (I'm still on fc12), but not much difference.
    James> The new kernels broke many things.

At which version?

    James> Can you still boot back to MacOSX on the Air?  If so, it may

No. Not without re-installing it, which means starting all over again, in
which case I might as well start with an fc13 system.
Or hang on for fc14. But that assumes things will get fixed.

    James> be possible to get the older files and then put them on local

What exactly are the older files? I can transfer files via a USB drive.

    James> I'm not that familiar with doing so, but others here may be
    James> able to assist in directing where on the system you can find
    James> them or on the Internet, since I appears you do have access
    James> somehow.

Yes, I have access from my desktop machines.
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire