Weird Network Manager Problem (Updated)

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Sep 26 06:05:05 UTC 2010

 On 09/26/2010 01:52 PM, JD wrote:

> On 09/25/2010 10:42 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>>   On 09/26/2010 12:54 PM, JD wrote:
>>> Well,if my machine was rooted, and I have a firewall that
>>> drops ALL incoming requests, then how was it rooted if not
>>> through some package or through the kernel  itself?
>> I would suggest folks take a step back and do some research on "lkm
>> false positive" before jumping to a conclusion that they have a problem.
>>
> Well, ...  before jumping to conclusion that who has a problem?
> rkhunter or chkrootkit?  I assume you mean rkhunter??
> If so, I tend to agree. I saw a lot of google hits reporting
> false positives by chkrootkit.

Any of these "detection applications" can report false positives.  Which
is why they report "your system *may* be infected" or "*Possible* XXX
installed...".

My message is simple.  If you run these apps and they say you may be
infected...don't jump to a conclusion and nuke your system.

--
Dreams are free, but there's a small charge for alterations. 葛斯克 愛德
華 / 台北市八德路四段