apache 2.2.16 and directory

Alain Roger raf.news at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 06:17:45 UTC 2010

Hi,

when i use apache httpd under windows i have no problem to setup it, however
under fedora 13 i have some little problems.
I guess it is due to my limited knowledge of Fedora 13 and apache
collaboration.

like under Windows OS, i would like to have different directories under
fedora which will represent my different tools.
for example if my fedora server address is 192.168.1.2 and i have a tool
named 'tool1' URL should look like:
192.168.1.2/tools1/

where 'tool1' should be be found in /var/www/html/tool1/ directory.

how can i do that under fedora ?
Should the directory have particular rights ?

--
Alain
Windows 7 x64 / Fedora 13