Help with VirtualBox??????

DB Freddog_de at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 27 15:39:21 UTC 2010

Hi All,

Just loaded VirtualBox on my antique system - very pleasantly surprised
how easily eveything (almost!) seems to have gone.... must be a problem
waiting to bite me!

Anyway, reason for going down this path is to be able to use Photbook
software which runs on everything - so long as it's called Winderz!
Having got it running, I now need to be able to move photos from my
Fedora 12 external USB harddrive & there comes Problemo Uno - my virtual
machine can't see any USB ports.  During installation it kept bubling on
aabout how I'd got USBFS set up & should change it, but no idea how.

So, question to you smart folks out there.... HOW do I change the USB
file system to something it might like?  Or is there a different way to
share data between the Fedora host & the XP guest machines?????

As ever, many thanks fr all the time you spend helping me out of my "Tar
Baby" situation(s)!

Greetings

Dave