Scottrade streaming quotes fixed with java jre

T.D. Telford doug at dougtelford.com
Mon Sep 27 22:59:06 UTC 2010

Thanks to the suggestion of Pscium, I removed the openjdk and installed the java jre.  The non trivial instructions do to this are at:

fedorasolved.org/browser-solutions/java-i386

I use the x86_64 version of firefox, so used the 64 bit version of java jre.

Unfortunately, to see the problem you need a Scottrade account.  Once you login, there is menu on the left hand side:  Scottrader streaming quotes.  If you use the openjdk the 3 major national stock market averages are messed up and there is a large blank space at the top of the screen.  With the java jre this is fixed.

Thanks to all that replied.

Regards,
Doug