Intel GMA 3100 Card in fedora 13

Manuel Escudero Jmlevick at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 00:32:04 UTC 2010

2010/9/28 Klaasjan Brand <klaasjan at gmail.com>

>  On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 8:36 AM, Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com<fatkasuvayu%2Blinux at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi Manuel,
>>
>> On Monday 27 September 2010 06:49 PM, Manuel Escudero wrote:
>> > I've been trying out many distros in my computer
>> > by LiveCD's and all of them (Mandriva, OpenSUSE, Kubuntu just to give
>> some
>> > examples)  are fully compatible with my Intel GMA 3100 card (I can say
>> that
>> > because their KDE Desktops are totally Transparent) But in my Fedora 13
>> > can't get a Transparent KDE
>>
>> I don't know much about this particular chipset, but some Intel graphics
>> chipsets (poulsbo?) require non-free drivers. These are available from
>> RPMFusion. Have you investigated that possibility?
>>
>> Intel x3100 is part of the 965 chipset and certainly not poulsbo.
>
> I'm currently running Fedora 13 (Gnome with compiz enabled) on a laptop
> with this chipset, so maybe it's a problem with the KDE windowmanager?
>
> Klaasjan
>
> --

Well, I don't believe it's kde problem because VMware player is not able to
run aero inside windows seven because the graphics card is not "detected"...
How do I install intel non free drivers from RPM Fusion?

BTW, I can run Kwin effects (something like compiz) but they don't run very
well in fedora, the machine starts to be slow, something that do not happen
in other distros...

--
<-Manuel Escudero->
Linux User #509052
@GWave: jmlevick at googlewave.com
@Blogger: http://www.blogxenode.tk/ (Xenode Systems Blog)
PGP/GnuPG: DAE3 82E9 D68E 7AE4 ED31  1F8F 4AF4 D00C 50E7 ABC6