NFS Buffering

Simon Andrews simon.andrews at bbsrc.ac.uk
Wed Sep 29 09:50:01 UTC 2010

On 29/09/2010 09:55, JB wrote:
> Simon Andrews<simon.andrews<at>  bbsrc.ac.uk>  writes:
> Hi Simon,
>
> you know, we are Linux users from Missouri USA here ...
> Can you tell us what system your nfs server is installed on, how its exported
> nfs shares are configured ?
> Then we can gain some valuable clues regarding performance of all factors
> involved.

The server is an exported NFS share from a NetApp filer.  Since the
server isn't maintained by us I can't provide specifics about how it's
configured.

The limiting factor seems to be the speed of the link between our client
and the server.  We're actually operating pretty close to the available
wire speed so I don't think there's a problem with the setup in that
respect.