F13 <-> Samsung Galaxy S via USB

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Thu Sep 30 03:23:44 UTC 2010

On Wednesday, September 29, 2010 04:01:43 am Gary Stainburn wrote:
> My laptop is dual boot with WinXP.
> In XP it works perfectly fine, but as Samsung Keis and as mass storage.
> I have completed a firmware update but it has made no difference.
>
> It still doesn't work, with the /var/log/messages entry still being the
> same as my first post
I dont have access to windows at all so i have no idea how it works there.
but my captivate ( at&t branded galaxy s)  i select storage then i have to
slide down the notification bar  select the  "USB connected select to copy files
to/from your computer"  then tell it yes mount.  after that its automatically
mounted for me.  when done i need to redo that procedure and  tell it to
unmount.  after ive unmounted from my laptop/desktop.  I assume that you need
to do the same thing for whatever galaxy s variant it is that you have.

Dennis