generating PDF's via code - looking for ideas

list user cs_dba at consistentstate.com
Thu Sep 30 15:54:17 UTC 2010

Hi All;

I'm looking for a way to generate a PDF report based on a set of data in a
database and a set of pre-generated graphs via some sort of procedural
method based on a template.

We tried to do this via open office & it's templating features but this
process requires us to first generate an odt file based on xml and then open
the open office odt file and export to a PDF, unfortunately our first stab
generated a 150GB odt file. This is of course an unacceptable method. So,
I'm looking for a way to generate PDF's straight away as described above.
Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance