[Fedora] generating PDF's via code - looking for ideas

Walter Cazzola cazzola at dico.unimi.it
Thu Sep 30 19:19:20 UTC 2010

On Thu, 30 Sep 2010, list user wrote:

> I'm looking for a way to generate a PDF report based on a set of data in a
> database and a set of pre-generated graphs via some sort of procedural
> method based on a template.

> We tried to do this via open office & it's templating features but this
> process requires us to first generate an odt file based on xml and then open
> the open office odt file and export to a PDF, unfortunately our first stab
> generated a 150GB odt file. This is of course an unacceptable method. So,
> I'm looking for a way to generate PDF's straight away as described above.
> Anyone have any ideas?

could you try exceltex+pdflatex. Both on CTAN

exceltex is a perl script plus a latex
style that permits to get values from an excel spreadsheet and pretty
printing as you prefer.

HTH

Walter

--
Walter Cazzola, PhD - Assistant Professor, DICo, University of Milano
E-mail cazzola at dico.unimi.it Ph.: +39 02 503 16300  Fax: +39 02 503 16253