Cant get networking working in Fedora14

Rick Stevens ricks at
Fri Apr 1 16:50:12 UTC 2011

On 03/31/2011 07:37 PM, reg at wrote:
>> Really?  Your DNS server is also your default gateway?  That's not
>> common.
> Well, the gateway runs the firewall and the nameserver, thats all.
>> Can you ping your gateway?
>> 	# ping
> Nope, nor as I have stated, anything else on the subnet.

Have you verified you actually have a link?  Do an "ethtool eth0" and
see if the link is up.  You may have to futz with the duplex setting
and/or speed as well...some routers/switches don't play nice in the
default autonegotiation mode.
- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer, C2 Hosting          ricks at -
-  Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a  -
-                              rigged demo.                          -