[OT Humor] xxxx Now Gnome Shell is ...

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Fri Apr 1 20:34:47 UTC 2011

On 04/01/2011 12:57 PM, Genes MailLists wrote:
>     In the meantime, have you tried KDE - curious what your impressions
> are of that ?

Years ago, I knew I'd probably have to decide on either Gnome or KDE, so
I examined both of their websites.  Gnome's was full of details about
what they were doing, what improvements they'd recently made and where
they were heading.  KDE's was nothing but advocacy.  I sent their
webmaster a polite email, pointing this out and asking for reasons,
other than advocacy, to try KDE.  What I got in reply was more advocacy
without any attempt to tell me *why* KDE was so good or why I'd like it.
  I went with Gnome and, until recently, never looked back.  I've seen
KDE in action a few times on LiveCDs.  I didn't like the default look
and feel and never felt comfortable enough with it to try to customize it.