cdrom icon not updating

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Fri Apr 1 20:47:45 UTC 2011

On 04/01/2011 06:41 AM, Randolph Jones wrote:
> Linux 2.6.35.6-45.fc14.i686 on amd phenom x4
>
> just installed fc14 on new drive
> when manually opening/replacing cd, the desktop
> icon still opens to the former dvd content display;
> ie refresh only occurs when right-click-eject occurrs.
> is this a bug or a feature?

It's standard.  You have to right-click and eject or dismount the drive
or the system won't know you changed it.
- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer, C2 Hosting          ricks at nerd.com -
-    "Hello. My PID is Inigo Montoya.  You `kill -9'-ed my parent    -
-                     process.  Prepare to vi."                      -