QR code login through GDM?

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 23:52:58 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-04-01 at 23:15 +0100, Sam Sharpe wrote:
> On 1 April 2011 20:43, Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 2011-04-01 at 21:02 +0200, Zoltan Hoppar wrote:
> > > Hi Guys,
> > >
> > > The question is simple: is there any possibility to use login with Cam
> > > and QR code?
> >
> > The question would be even simpler if you didn't use obscure acronyms.
>
> I think you are showing your age here...
>
> QR Codes are not particularly obscure:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QR_code - You've probably seen them
> around, you just didn't know what they were called.
>
> Those of us with modern Cell Phones will find these partilcularly
> familiar... they are certainly in common usage in the Tech community.

Of course I've seen them. I only vaguely remember what they're called,
and that they are probably going to disappear in favour of NFC (see
recent news from Google, which has stopped supporting them). However I
parsed the phrase as "(Cam and QR) code" which doesn't mean anything. I
sit corrected, but I still say it's better to aim for clarity,
especially when you're asking for help.

poc