[OT Humor] "Obviously designed by morons"

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Apr 2 17:45:12 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-04-02 at 17:42 +0100, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> All in all, sooner or later everyone will switch to
> Gnome3/KDE4/whatever, and these forks will eventually lose the
> userbase and be abandoned. So I'd say it's better to make a switch
> right now and get it over with, than to try to keep the old software
> on life-support, only to make the switch later on. ;-)

Though, when you're faced with having to throw away a few thousand
dollars of computing hardware (whether that be one expensive computer,
or several moderate priced computers), you look long and hard about
whether you waste money on something new, that's going to be just as
short-lived by the next paradigm change, or you look for something
that's more efficient to run on your current hardware.  Or, you keep
running out-of-date installations.

Sure, I accept pushing the envelope for things that need to be gee whiz
(games, 3D CAD, and whatnot), but not for the desktop behind ordinary
software.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686