ATI FirePro V3800 question.

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Apr 2 21:32:20 UTC 2011

On Sat, Apr 02, 2011 at 22:17:43 +0200,
  "Erik P. Olsen" <epodata at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've found that on F12 I have mesa-dri-drivers-experimental installed whereas on
> F14 it is "only" mesa-dri-drivers. I've now installed the experimental version
> on F14 and will change graphics cards tomorrow. Maybe this will solve my problem.

Maybe, but I think for F14 experimental was just for Nouveau. In F15 that
subpackage doesn't exist.

> Is any doc available listing which cards are supported by the two mesa drivers?

I am not sure. It's not just support but also level of support. Some of the
newer cards have kms and not much else in the latest kernel. I am not sure
how much support the rv8xx stuff has right now and back in 2.6.35. I think
that group of chips was called evergreen and you could search for that.
Fedora also may have backported support for those cards. It could also
be a quirkiness of your particular model of card or a driver bug that affects
your card. (For example on my old rv280, I need to disable AGP to get it
to work reliably. I didn't used to have to do that but some bug got introduced
around 2.6.37 that gave me grief.)