recording from a webcam, cheese, vlc

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 23:15:15 UTC 2011

On 26 March 2011 15:14, Guohua Tang <tgh728 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Maybe you can try FFmmpeg, see here.

Thanks, with a bit of tweaking I'm able to record with ffmpeg, though
it's a pity this means I can't preview what's being recorded. However
I'm a bit greedy and if I have to use the command line to be able to
do this then I'd also like to figure out how to record synchronised
sound from different sources. Anyone able to suggest how that might be
done? Using sox and piping into ffmpeg doesn't work, video gets out of
sync (also I've got some sox related problem about different rates).

--
imalone