QR code login through GDM?

Patrick Kobly patrick at kobly.com
Sat Apr 2 23:36:52 UTC 2011

Now...  I could imagine a use for this tech for auth.  With a mobile device, you could create a soft token - where the qr code changes frequently - like with a securid. Maybe even as part of a challenge response scheme - where the challenge is displayed to the mobile device as a qr code and the device displays the response as a qr code. I am unaware of anything existing that does this. But I certainly wouldn't see a static printed qr code as useful for AuthN in just about any scenario.

PK