Brasero has lost its mind!

Mark LaPierre marklapier at aol.com
Sun Apr 3 16:15:34 UTC 2011

On 04/03/2011 11:29 AM, Kalpa Welivitigoda wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 8:53 PM, Richard Shaw<hobbes1069 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I've had the problem for some time where after burning the CD/DVD
>> get's mounted and then Brasero gives an error saying it can't eject
>> the disk. It wasn't effecting the burns so I ignored it.
>>
>> Today I tried to burn a CD ISO file (system rescue cd) and after a bad
>> burn I tried again. Now, even after a reboot, it calculates the
>> checksum and then ejects the blank disc.
>>
>> Brasero has been buggy for me (and apparently others, I've found) for
>> a while. Shouldn't the default burning app for Gnome get a little more
>> attention?
>>
>> Anyone else having issues?
>>
>> I know I can install k3b but brasero should work and I don't like
>> having to install all the dependencies (i.e. half of KDE) just to burn
>> a disc.
>>
> I do also have issues with Brasero. So I moved to K3B. Yep there's a
> lot of installation, yet it worth than working with Brasero sometimes.
> Alternatively you can use cdrecord in terminal, it takes some effort
> to read the man and get familiarized though.
>
>> Thanks,
>> Richard
>> --

I've also noticed that Brasero is not quite ready for prime time.  I
have to shut it down after every burn to get it to correctly recognize
the next blank disk.

I have not found a way to change the order of tracks on a program other
than loading them in the correct order in the first place.  That can be
very tedious if you have 15 tracks to load.

If you try to remove all the tracks from a burn list by selecting them
all with ctrl-a and then hitting the delete key all the tracks are
removed except the first track which can only be removed with the "-"
icon at the top of the page.  It would be better if it was all or
nothing.  If you can't remove them all with the delete key you shouldn't
be able to remove any of them that way.  That's how Rhythmbox is set
up.  Makes perfect sense and is consistent in its behavior.

There's probably a lot more "features" but I don't use it much so I
haven't tripped over them yet.

--
    °v°
   /(_)\
    ^ ^  Mark LaPierre
Registerd Linux user No #267004
www.counter.li.org
****
In a free world without fences, who needs gates.
**
Help Microsoft stamp out piracy - give Linux to a friend today.
**
To mess up a Linux box, you need to work at it.
To mess up an MS Windows box, you just need to *look* at it.
**
learn linux:
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
****