Brasero has lost its mind!

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Apr 3 16:41:51 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-04-03 at 10:23 -0500, Richard Shaw wrote:
> Brasero has been buggy for me (and apparently others, I've found) for
> a while. Shouldn't the default burning app for Gnome get a little more
> attention?

Ya'd think so...

> Anyone else having issues?

This is with ye olde Fedora 9, but I wonder if it still does the same
thing on the current versions:

Drag a pile of files into the window for creating a disc from them, and
start to burn your disc.  It'll spend ages creating the image from the
files, then burn it.

Now try burning a second copy.  It'll spend ages creating a new image
form the files, then burn that.  It doesn't keep and re-use the image it
made before.

Yes, I'd checked appropriate options about doing that.

I really regretted installing Brasero.  Because the previous burn disc
feature from within Nautilus worked far less painfully.  But brasero
took over that.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686