kmod-catalyst breaks install with ATI HD4570

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 04:01:56 UTC 2011

Please don't top post. Responding to such posts is very cumbersome.

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 5:56 PM, Guilherme Patriota
<guilhermeptrr at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4 April 2011 00:39, suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 5:04 PM, Guilherme Patriota
>> <guilhermeptrr at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > The second time I managed to uninstall it, but not in the first or third
>> > time I've installed it.
>>
>> Doesn't this work?
>>
>> # yum remove kmod-catalyst
>
> It did the second time I installed it, but this third time it didn't so I
> did a fresh install.

You don't give enough information. What do you mean by it doesn't work?
Is there any error? If so, what is it? Do you mean that your system
tries to use the catalyst drivers after the uninstall? If so, are you
rebooting after you make the change?

How do you find out what driver you are using, are you using the usual?

# lsmod | grep -i 'fglrx|radeon'

> Strange about the installation is that the partition
> manager only creates primary partitions.

I believe if you choose custom layout it will let you partition your
disks however you wish to.

--
Suvayu