OT: one huge monitor or 2 smaller or bigger ones ? SOLVED.

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Apr 4 08:08:32 UTC 2011

Joe Zeff
>>> Normally, I don't see the point of having multiple monitors in Linux
>>> because so much of what you need them for can be done with multiple
>>> desktops on one screen.

Linuxguy123:
> Have you tried using a dual monitor setup.  I find it indispensable.
> Right now I am typing an email in my left display while watching a
> download in the right one.  Its not the same as having both windows in
> one display, its better.  For one thing, you never have to worry about a
> window in one display covering up a window in the other display, even if
> the other app does funny things with the focus.

I have, but I do find it a bit of an organisational pain.  And some
things are far less than intuitive to use when their controls are on the
next screen.  I've also had to deal with using two computers side by
side, and that was slightly less painful for some things.  e.g. Web site
work, with editing on one, and checking on the other.

By the time you get around to playing with dual monitors, you might want
to consider if what you really want is one *HUGE* monitor with very high
resolution.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686