Claws versus Evolution for email.

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 18:16:48 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 10:56 AM, Linuxguy123 <linuxguy123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Claws appears to be "Gnome" based, but also runs on Windows ?

Claws is the default email client for XFCE. In my opinion it is the
"almost perfect" email program. Very easily customisable and even the
defaults are very sane (e.g. plain text emails). I also find the
searching facilities absolutely amazing.

As for your question about perl and python scripts, claws allows you
to use perl and python scripts for filtering and other customisations.
However I haven't tried either of the two, but only because I don't
know any of the languages.

I don't have any experience with Evolution so I can't compare.

--
Suvayu