Claws versus Evolution for email.

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 19:11:51 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 11:24 AM, Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> wrote:
> On 04/04/2011 11:16 AM, suvayu ali wrote:
>> Claws is the default email client for XFCE. In my opinion it is the
>> "almost perfect" email program. Very easily customisable and even the
>> defaults are very sane (e.g. plain text emails).
>
>  From what I can tell, more and more people simply adore html emails and
> would find that an unpleasant default.  Not that I agree with them, mind
> you.  And, of course, that type of person probably wouldn't be using
> XFCE, even if they were forced, screaming and kicking, to use Linux.
> For those of us who are more interested in what our emails say than in
> how they look, plain text email is an excellent default.

Agreed. :)

And since we have no control on what others use, for html emails claws
strips all html and shows them as plain text. But if you wish there is
also an html email viewer plugin which lets you see the original
properly rendered within claws. Also features like the ability to hand
pick the mime type of attachments makes it what I previously worded as
"almost perfect". :)

--
Suvayu