Claws versus Evolution for email.

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 19:28:27 UTC 2011

On Mon, 04 Apr 2011 11:41:42 -0600
Linuxguy123 wrote:

> I'm interested to hear the pros and cons of Claws versus Evolution for
> handling email.

I chucked evolution a while back after the 3,721 update added
yet another kwel feature I didn't need, but didn't fix any
existing bugs. I like claws infinitely more (for one thing, it
has no slug-like behavior).

I don't use claws filtering though, I run a local dovecot
server (so I can do things like access my mail remotely
from my phone if I want to via IMAP), and the dovecot-pigeonhole
plugin works for all my filtering needs, and gets the mail
in the right mailboxes without the need of a mail client to
do it.