Claws versus Evolution for email.

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 20:08:12 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 12:53 PM, Piscium <groknok at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4 April 2011 20:44, Linuxguy123 <linuxguy123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> This is why I ask questions that have seemingly simple answers on this
>> board.  So much knowledge and experience and everyone does things a bit
>> differently.
>
> I had never heard of Claws before. I am currently using Thunderbird.
> How does Claws compare with it?

I used to be a Thunderbird user. I switched to claws because it is
much more responsive and not a resource hog. However my search for an
alternate email client started because I felt the search interface for
Thunderbird was either easy and restrictive or flexible and cumbersome
depending on which one whether you are using quick or full search.

I wanted more control over how I search the meta information in my
emails. With claws this is very smooth with its easily constructed
search queries for the "extended search" interface. I think the
philosophy is similar to how GMail search behaves but with
capabilities much beyond that (e.g. searching with external utilities,
searching email headers, support for regular expressions)

I hope this helps.

--
Suvayu