Font in firefox; now uses tahoma?

Reid Rivenburgh reidr at pobox.com
Tue Apr 5 01:01:15 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 3:01 PM, Alan Evans <ame.fedora at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 5:43 PM, Reid Rivenburgh wrote:
>> I found one solution.  If you install the Stylish extension and the
>> Font Styler script from userstyles.org, you can specify a global font
>> family (and size) to use for all sites.  The script actually specifies
>> tahoma, which is exactly what I don't want, but I changed it to sans
>> and all seems to be well.  (I also commented out the size spec since I
>> don't want to force all text to be one size.)  Hope this helps
>> someone....
>
> Just reading your description, I'm having trouble seeing how this is
> different than just specifying the font in Firefox's preferences
> dialog, which you said you didn't think would do the right thing
> globally.

I got thinking about that myself after, and I don't have an answer.
They may be the same exact thing.  I can say that the stylish solution
does seem to work okay for the sites that I visit.  If someone else is
having a similar problem, they may want to try the global override
option in the fonts dialog to see how that works.

Reid